Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This a really easy and tasty dish I found in Marth Stewart's magazine.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined. Tails left intact
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 4 scallions, white and pale-greenparts only, thinly sliced diagonally (about 1/4cup)
- chopped scallion top, for garnish
- lime wedge, for serving
- Heat oil ina wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until browned. About 2 minute.
- Add shrimp: Cook, stirring constantly, until shrimp are opaque, about 5 minute
- Add pepper, salt, and sugar: cook, stirring contantly, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in scallions.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Squeeze lime over shrimp and garnish with additional lime wedges and chopped scallion tops.