Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
Very Southern side that's good enough to be a main dish! Wonderful low country comfort food with a kick!
- 1 lb unpeeled medium raw shrimp (41/50 count)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen cream-style corn, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) packagebuttermilk cornbread mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar-jack cheese with bell peppers
- Peel shriimp; devein. Coarsely chop shrimp. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat; add onion, and saute 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in shrimp, and saute 2-3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat, and stir in green chiles.
- Whisk together corn, sour cream, and eggs in a large bowl until blended; whisk in cornbread mix just until blended. Stir in shrimp mixture and 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese into corn mixture just until blended; pour into a lightly greased 13X9"baking dish, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.