Top Review by MelMat
The flavor of this was very similar to the Tom Yum soup I get at the local Thai restaurant. I did omit the cumin (because I just don't care for it personally) and added curry powder in its place. I made a few other minor changes that don't really affect the recipe much, so overall, a really great recipe that I will make again!
- 8 ounces udon noodles, cooked,drained
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 scallions, slice
- 2 medium carrots, diagionally sliced
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 cups reduced-fat chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, peel,deveined
- 1⁄4 lb spinach, stem,sliced in thin strip
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add scallions, carrots and mushrooms.
- Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in next 7 ingredients (through turmeric) and cook 2 minutes.
- Add broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in shrimp, spinach and cooked noodles.
- Cook 2 minutes or until shrimp turns opaque.