Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Shrimp scampi with a kick.
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 lb cooked fettuccine
- Melt butter with olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, white pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano, and cayenne.
- When garlic looks cooked, about 3 minutes, add shrimp, tossing to coat in oil.
- Add lemon juice and keep tossing over heat.
- Qickly add parsley, bread crumbs, and Parmesan.
- Toss to coat completely.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
Very spicy, but also very good! I used a bit more garlic and added additional butter.