1/2 Photos of Spicy Shrimp Scampi
chez patty's Note:
This recipe was obtained from shrimp.com. My son wanted *something different* for new years eve dinner, and I yelled downstairs to him to find something with shrimp, as I had a bunch of shrimp leftover in the freezer from Christmas. The aroma of all that garlic while cooking made our mouths water! Very tasty meal and not a complicated recipe. Our guests raved about it. We doubled the recipe and served 4, however the portions were very generous, I'm sure I could have served 6 on the doubled recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 lb of cooked fettuccine pasta or 1 lb linguine
- 1Melt butter with the olive oil in a sauté pan.
- 2When the mixture is hot, add the garlic, white pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano, and cayenne pepper, making sure to stir well.
- 3When garlic looks cooked but not brown (about 3 minutes), add the Shrimp.
- 4Toss the Shrimp about in the pan, coating them with the spiced oil.
- 5Add the lemon juice and keep tossing over the heat.
- 6Quickly add the parsley, bread crumbs, and Parmesan.
- 7Toss to coat completely.
- 8The Shrimp should now be bright pink and cooked through.
- 9Place the pan under the broiler until cheese looks melted (1- 2 minutes).
- 10Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- 11Serve over the cooked pasta, with additional Parmesan sprinkled over the top.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Shrimp Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (577 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1424.8
- Calories from Fat 495
- Total Fat 55.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 579.4 mg
- Sodium 1229.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 144.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 85.0 g