This was in a Jr League of Roanoke Valley, Va.cookbook and it impressed me; I decided to give it a try. It has enough of spicy and savory and sweet that it balances it our beautifully.. I drained everything real well and served it with Indian flat bread, nachos, and small pitas. It was a real hit! This CAN'T be made much ahead of time or else you will have a mess!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 serrano chili, seeded, minced (more if needed)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 ounces pineapple, drained and diced
- 4 ounces mangoes, drained and diced
- 1 lime, juice of (not the bottled stuff)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or less)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1Combine shrimp, tomatoes, onion, serrano chile, cilantro, mango, pineapple and parsley, crushed red pepper flakes, if using, in a medium bowl.
- 2Add the lime juice and olive oil and toss to mix well.
- 3Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Serve with Indian flat-bread, nacho chips or on small pita bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Shrimp Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (1026 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1109.1
- Calories from Fat 537
- Total Fat 59.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 884.0 mg
- Sodium 1033.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 97.9 g