Recipe by momaphet
A tasty appetizer, cut way back on the peppers is if you want "a little less spicy" shrimp salad. prep time does not include chilling.
- 2 lbs cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, diced finely
- 2 -4 serrano peppers, minced (adjust quantity to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups Clamato juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- lime wedges and tortilla chips, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince the garlic, chop the onion and cilantro, and add to a large non-metallic bowl along with the shrimp. Cover with lime juice, then clamato juice and stir well. Refrigerate, covered for at least 3 hours.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper, stir again, and return to the refrigerator for one more hour. Top with avocado slices and serve, along with tortilla chips and lime wedges.