Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
Chilled shrimp in piquant remoulade sauce is a Creole classic. Here it tops pumpernickel toasts spread with a chilli-molasses butter. Use Westphalian-style pumpernickel bread cut into 1 1/2" rounds or squares. This recipe was shamelessly jacked from Bon Appetit.
- 88.74 ml butter, room temperature
- 9.85 ml light molasses
- 1.23 ml chili powder
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 44.37 ml finely chopped celery
- 22.18 ml chopped Italian parsley
- 12.32 ml drained prepared white horseradish
- 9.85 ml minced shallots
- 9.85 ml ketchup
- 9.85 ml whole grain Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml grated lemon zest
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 12 slice pumpernickel bread
- 226.79 g cooked peeled medium shrimp, cut into 1/2 -inch pieces
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- For MOLASSES BUTTER, using fork, mix first three ingredients in small bowl to blend.
- For REMOULADE SAUCE, mix next 12 ingredients, from mayonnaise to cayenne pepper, in medium bowl.
- Preheat oven to 425°F Spread molasses butter lightly over 1 1/2" rounds or squares of bread; arrange in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake until bread begins to firm up, about 10 minutes. Cool.
- Mix shrimp into remoulade Sauce. Top toasts with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with chives. Place toasts on platter.