Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Chilled shrimp in piquant remoulade sauce is a Creole classic. Here it tops pumpernickel toasts spread with a chilli-molasses butter. Use Westphalian-style pumpernickel bread cut into 1 1/2" rounds or squares. This recipe was shamelessly jacked from Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 88.74 ml butter, room temperature
- 9.85 ml light molasses
- 1.23 ml chili powder
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 44.37 ml finely chopped celery
- 22.18 ml chopped Italian parsley
- 12.32 ml drained prepared white horseradish
- 9.85 ml minced shallots
- 9.85 ml ketchup
- 9.85 ml whole grain Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml grated lemon zest
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 12 slice pumpernickel bread
- 226.79 g cooked peeled medium shrimp, cut into 1/2 -inch pieces
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh chives
- 1For MOLASSES BUTTER, using fork, mix first three ingredients in small bowl to blend.
- 2For REMOULADE SAUCE, mix next 12 ingredients, from mayonnaise to cayenne pepper, in medium bowl.
- 3Preheat oven to 425°F Spread molasses butter lightly over 1 1/2" rounds or squares of bread; arrange in single layer on baking sheet.
- 4Bake until bread begins to firm up, about 10 minutes. Cool.
- 5Mix shrimp into remoulade Sauce. Top toasts with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with chives. Place toasts on platter.
Browse Our Top Romantic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Shrimp Remoulade on Molasses-Buttered Toasts
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.2
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.1 mg
- Sodium 574.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 10.4 g