Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I'm in love with these!
- 3 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons remoulade sauce, divided (use whatever kind you like, or substitute mayo)
- 4 pieces thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- seafood seasoning (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, diced (you can adjust this amount based on how spicy you like it)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese or 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- Prepare tortillas by spreading a light layer (about 1 tablespoon) of remoulade or mayo on one side. This will act as your "glue" for the fillings. Set aside.
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, shrimp, and seasonings; saute about 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp mixture from pan and place in bowl. Combine with crumbled bacon and pickled jalapenos. Taste to make sure seasonings are how you want them.
- If necessary, spray pan with non-stick spray.
- Place tortilla in pan, clean side down. On half of the tortilla,layer in 1/3 of cheddar cheese, then 1/3 shrimp mixture, then 1/3 of the jack or mozzarella cheese. Fold empty side of tortilla over the fillings and press down.
- Let tortilla brown until crisp, about 4-5 minutes. Flip and brown the other side.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas. Cut each folded quesadilla in half when ready to serve.
- Serve with your choice of sour cream, guacamole, salsa, or all three!
Loved these with the shrimp. I will use a different Remoulade next time but quick easy meal with a Mexican Kale salad.
didn't use the remoulade sauce or the pickled peppers. These were excellent. Everyone loved them.