Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives or 2 tablespoons black olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Put shrimp, garlic, and red pepper flakes in pan; cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
- Remove shrimp from pan with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onion to skillet; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, olives, and capers; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Return shrimp mixture to skillet; simmer 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add in basil and stir; simmer 1 minute.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put linguine in a large serving bowl; top with shrimp mixture.
- Serve immediately.