Recipe by Jewelies
A Caribbean recipe. I haven't tried these but they sounded great. Shrimp are called prawns in Australia. Don't forget to soak your skewers. Prep time does not include time to marinate.
Top Review by Bergy
Definately 5 star recipe. Lovely delicate flavor - I cut back on the honey a bit. Marinated the prawns for apprx 2 hours. It was pouring rain so I had to do them in the oven - 400 for apprx 10 minutes. Perfect Thanks Jewelies for posting
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons jamaican jerk spice
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 kg large green prawns, peeled and deveined
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the lime juice, honey, soy sauce, and oil in a large bowl. Season with jerk seasoning, hot pepper sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Add the prawns and toss well to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for one hour to marinate.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Remove skewers from the water, pat dry, and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Skewer the shrimp. Grill the shrimp on the grill on both sides until pink and opaque, about 5 minutes per side.