Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A twist on a New Orleans specialty.
Make and share this Spicy Shrimp Po' Boy With Chipotle Avocado Mayonnaise recipe from Food.com.
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 20 shrimp)
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 2 French rolls
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- Combine cumin, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, chili powder and olive oil together in a bowl. Place shrimp in the bowl and toss to coat.
- Combine avocado, mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt in a food processor. Pulse until smooth. If you like it chunkier, mash with fork until desired consistency.
- Place shrimp in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Toast rolls, if desired. Spread chipotle avocado mayonnaise on the roll. Place lettuce leaves on the bottom half of the roll and place 10 shrimp on each sandwich.
Tips: Double the recipe. Have lots of napkins, fingerbowls or wetwipes. Eat like a pig. These are amazing. Easy and quick even though the ingredients look long. What I did was use already cooked shrimp and just tossed them long enough to heat through and used ground chipotle iinstead of the chile itself.
I have had this in my "to try" file for quite a long time and was happy I made this tonight. Besides minimal prep and it is so easy to make, what I like best about this recipe is that I don't really care for food dipped in flour and fried. I was glad in this recipe that the shrimp were spiced and then sauteed without creating a batter. I actually had 3 leftover French rolls that I was trying to use up. I ended up using about a pound of shrimp, only increasing the spices and olive oil by a quarter or so, and making the mayo as indicated because I could tell it would make way more than the recipe needed (as it was I had leftover mayo). The chipotle avocado mayo was delightful, and as I already mentioned, I liked the way the shrimp were prepared. This made for a great dinner. I omitted the lettuce because I did not have any. Thanks for posting!