Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A different way to have your pasta and shrimp. It is so delicious and creamy, but you may want to double the recipe for the sauce as it doesnt make alot. There is enough sauce for about 4 servings.
- 1 lb baby shrimp (no shell)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced &,divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 package angel hair pasta
- While making the sauce, cook the pasta.
- Put olive oil in sauce pan and let it heat up.
- Then add 2 cloves of garlic and shrimp.
- Saute for about 2 minutes.
- Then add cream, chili powder, cayenne pepper, pepper flakes and salt.
- Bring to a boil, and then put heat to medium high.
- Combine milk and flour and mix well until there are no lumps.
- Add into the sauce to thicken and let boil again.
- Simmer for about 3-5 minutes, or until your pasta is done.
Deeelicious!! I cut the cayenne in half, and I used medium shrimp. I didn't change the cooking time, it was still long enough. After it was done I sprinkled a little fresh basil on top. This was VERY good!! Thanks Diggy, I will make this one over and over!
This was really really good! We didn't change a thing... AND we didn't have leftovers! Perfect! Thank you :)
We love spicy food, but we just weren't a fan of this recipe. Besides "spicy" there wasn't much else going on....dare I say bland after you get past the spicy. It wasn't too spicy to eat, but we like our spicy food to other flavors too.