Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Shellfish is always a popular combination in a pasta recipe which include sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, and garlic. Add broccoli florets to round out this quick-and-easy meal.
- 8 ounces dried angel hair pasta
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jarsun-dried tomato strips with italian herbs packed in oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 lb frozen shrimp, with tails thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven cook pasta with broccoli according to package directions. Drain; return to Dutch oven. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, drain tomatoes, reserving oil. If necessary, add olive oil to equal 1/4 cup. In extra-large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp and crushed red pepper; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add sun-dried tomatoes; cook and stir 1 minute more or until shrimp are opaque.
- Toss shrimp mixture with cooked pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle additional olive oil. Transfer to serving bowls. Sprinkle with snipped fresh basil. Serves 4.