Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from a Cooking Light magazine. You can adjust the heat level to your liking. I am submitting the recipe as printed in the book. However, when I made it, I couldn't find the rice sticks for the recipe, I subbed in soba noodles for this. When I go shopping in a bigger area, I will look for the rice sticks at this one grocery store I like to go to.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, tail-on, peeled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup chicken broth, lower sodium, fat-free
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 2 slices ginger, peeled and slice 1/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup red pepper, thinly sliced into strips
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar snap pea
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce or 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces rice sticks, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- lime wedge
- Remove shrimp tails; set shrimp aside.
- Combine shrimp tails, water, broth, clam juice, and giner in saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered 10 minutes.
- Strain broth mixture through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic; saute 3 minutes.
- Add reserved broth; bring to simmer.
- Add shrimp, peas, chili garlic sauce, salt and noodles; cook 5 minutes or until noodles are done.
- Ladle 1 1/4 C soup into each of 4 bowls; top each serving with fresh cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges.