Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Spicy and sweet! The Jamaican Jerk seasoning really works here, bringing all the flavors together. What an amazing taste sensation! I ended up being so busy today that I had to use pre-cooked shrimp, but it was still fabulous! I submitted the recipe the way it was written in Better Homes and Gardens, but I ended up using more cheese as we didn't think 4 oz. was enough. I used twice that much, a full 8 oz and broiled them on a baking sheet. It took about 5 minutes on the second-to-the-top position in my oven. YUM!
- 236.59 ml mango, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 29.58 ml finely chopped red onions
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 29.58 ml packed brown sugar
- 29.58 ml jamaican jerk spice
- 453.59 g shrimp, peeled, deveined
- nonstick cooking spray
- 226.79 g tortilla chips (8 cups)
- 113.39 g monterey jack pepper cheese or 113.39 g monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat broiler.
- For salsa: In a bowl stir together mango, sweet pepper, onion, and chile pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together brown sugar and jerk seasoning.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Coat a grill pan or large skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat.
- Add half the shrimp at a time to the pan.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until shrimp are opaque.
- Remove and set aside.
- If desired, coarsely chop shrimp.
- Spread tortilla chips on a broiler-safe platter or baking sheet.
- Top with shrimp and salsa.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 4 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Yum, this is great! Spicy, sweet, colorful - just delicious! I made some jerk seasoning at home and then proceeded with the recipe. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
REALLY awesome! I love fresh mango salsas, and I especially LOVED the brown sugar/jerk seasoning on the shrimp! I used shrimp leftover from a crawfish boil, which worked just great. These nachos made a very quick and easy dinner for my family. Thank you for posting. Made for ZWT5, for the Groovy GastroGnomes.
Not what I expected.This was SOOOO AWESOME!!! The ingredients don't sound like they would go together well....... but they do!!! My fiance said (and I'm not gonna quote for reasons of this site) "Man,this ---- is GOOD!) Thanks for another great recipe! Made for ZWT5.