1/4 Photos of Spicy Shrimp Nachos
Chef PotPie's Note:
Spicy and sweet! The Jamaican Jerk seasoning really works here, bringing all the flavors together. What an amazing taste sensation! I ended up being so busy today that I had to use pre-cooked shrimp, but it was still fabulous! I submitted the recipe the way it was written in Better Homes and Gardens, but I ended up using more cheese as we didn't think 4 oz. was enough. I used twice that much, a full 8 oz and broiled them on a baking sheet. It took about 5 minutes on the second-to-the-top position in my oven. YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mango, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons jamaican jerk spice
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounces tortilla chips (8 cups)
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese or 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2For salsa: In a bowl stir together mango, sweet pepper, onion, and chile pepper; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl stir together brown sugar and jerk seasoning.
- 4Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- 5Coat a grill pan or large skillet with cooking spray.
- 6Heat over medium-high heat.
- 7Add half the shrimp at a time to the pan.
- 8Cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until shrimp are opaque.
- 9Remove and set aside.
- 10If desired, coarsely chop shrimp.
- 11Spread tortilla chips on a broiler-safe platter or baking sheet.
- 12Top with shrimp and salsa.
- 13Sprinkle with cheese.
- 14Broil 4 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Shrimp Nachos
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.9
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 84.0 mg
- Sodium 508.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jamaican jerk spice