- 2 lbs frozen cooked large shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup hot sauce (do not use Tabasco)
- 2 (8 ounce) envelopes saffron (I use goya sazon with azafran)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In pot add olive oil and heat then add the garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add butter and melt.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the shrimp and bring to boil; simmer 5 minutes.
- Taste the sauce and add either more wine or hot sauce depending on how spicy you want to make it.
- Add shrimp and cook additional 5 minutes.
- Serve as is for an appetizer with bread for sauce dipping, or serve along with boiled white rice for a main course.