Prep 30 mins
Cook 27 mins
This dish is a good one to use fresh from the garden tomatoes. A delicious lunch served with salad and glass of white wine.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled,seeded,and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon harissa (or to taste)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add the onion, cover, and cook for 7 minutes or until soft but not browned.
- Add in the garlic, tomatoes, oregano, and harissa sauce.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish.
- Salt and pepper the shrimp.
- Add the shrimp to the tomato sauce, making sure the shrimp are pushed down into the sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 10 minutes or until the shrimp are pink.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
The shrimp man was in town yesterday. He sells fresh Gulf shrimp from the back of his truck. There is nothing else like it. I bought 5 lb. and used some of it in this recipe. Used my own home-grown tomatoes too. This dish was exceeeeeedingly delicious and nicely spiced. I served the shrimp and tomato sauce over linguine. As my Italian MIL would say--Molto buon!!