Steamed rice is perfect with this very tasty exotic dish.
Make and share this Spicy Shrimp In Coconut Milk recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup drained canned tomato
- 2 1⁄2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (from 2 15oz cans)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- lime wedge (for serving)
- Heat oil in lg skillet on med-hi heat.
- Add onions and stir cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger,cook 2 minutes.
- Add next 5 spices, cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes,cook 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk,water, and salt, and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer until thickened 5-10 minutes.
- Add shrimp, simmer, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges.