Recipe by cklruby
A family favorite. My husband took these to work and they were a huge hit. Now I send them about once a month. Enjoy!
Top Review by Kelsy Farber
These were so good! I was skeptical seeing as there were only 3 reviews but I don't like all the canned ingredients that were present in other recipes. My husband ate two giant enchiladas in 4 minutes. Will make again. Thanks!
- 2 lbs shrimp, cooked and chopped lightly
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (I prefer to use fresh)
- 4 ounces green chili peppers (I use Hatch brand)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 16 ounces red enchilada sauce (I use Macayo's brand)
- 1 small fresh jalapeno, chopped fine
- 12 -16 corn tortillas
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pinch salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together shrimp, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, green chili, salsa and half of the cheese.
- Mix 1/2 cup enchilada sauce and sour cream and fold into shrimp mixture.
- Heat tortillas in hot vegetable oil, just to make them pliable, not crisp.
- Coat bottom of baking pan with enchilada sauce and lay tortilla in pan and spread 2 to 3 tablespoons of the shrimp mixture in the center of each tortilla and then roll up the tortillas with the mixture inside. Continue to roll them until mixture or tortillas are all used up. Lining the rolled tortillas up crossways in the pan.
- Top with remaining Enchilada sauce and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 350' oven for 45 minutes.