Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Very easy, looks fabulous, and tastes wonderful! That is a mouthful for these tiny appetizers - they can be served as a first course, as well. Unroll and fill refrigerated pie crust & it becomes the edible cup for this tasty shrimp appetizer that is a snap to prepare.Pillsbury.com
- 1 (15 ounce) packagepillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed (2)
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (or more if desired) or 1 -2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 24 cooked deveined peeled medium shrimp
- fresh parsley sprig
- lime zest or fresh basil or rosemary sprig
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Unroll pie crusts on work surface.
- Cut each crust into 12 (2 1/2") squares.
- Discard scraps.
- Turn mini muffin pans upside down (you will need 24 cups).
- Press square of dough over top of each ungreased inverted mini muffin cup.
- Prick top and sides of each with fork; fold and pinch corners to shape cups.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from muffin cups to cooling racks.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, chopped parsley, honey and pepper sauce until smooth.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon mixture into each pastry cup.
- Top each with 1 shrimp.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until cold.
- Garnish each cup with parsley sprig and lime peel.