1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Very easy, looks fabulous, and tastes wonderful! That is a mouthful for these tiny appetizers - they can be served as a first course, as well. Unroll and fill refrigerated pie crust & it becomes the edible cup for this tasty shrimp appetizer that is a snap to prepare.Pillsbury.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) package pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed (2)
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (or more if desired) or 1 -2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 24 cooked deveined peeled medium shrimp
- fresh parsley sprig
- lime zest or fresh basil or rosemary sprig
- 1Heat oven to 425ºF.
- 2Unroll pie crusts on work surface.
- 3Cut each crust into 12 (2 1/2") squares.
- 4Discard scraps.
- 5Turn mini muffin pans upside down (you will need 24 cups).
- 6Press square of dough over top of each ungreased inverted mini muffin cup.
- 7Prick top and sides of each with fork; fold and pinch corners to shape cups.
- 8Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Cool 5 minutes.
- 10Remove from muffin cups to cooling racks.
- 11Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 12In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, chopped parsley, honey and pepper sauce until smooth.
- 13Spoon about 1 tablespoon mixture into each pastry cup.
- 14Top each with 1 shrimp.
- 15Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until cold.
- 16Garnish each cup with parsley sprig and lime peel.
Browse Our Top Lime Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Shrimp Cups
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.5
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.7 mg
- Sodium 175.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 3.0 g