Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you don't like shrimp substitute chicken or pork.
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, uncooked, peeled and deveined
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- Ina large skillet, saute the onion, celery, and green pepper in oil until tender. Add the garlic and saute 2 minutes longer. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, chili powder and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes.
- Add shrimp; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.