Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an original recipe. If you prefer a crispier or healthier crab cake you may bake them. Otherwise, you may pan fry. I choose to bake, but keep in mind that baking them will take a little longer.
- 1 lb real lump crabmeat (no imitation)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (dried may work just as well)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 lb fresh shrimp, peeled & deveined (41-50 count)
- 1 -2 tablespoon melted butter
- Old Bay Seasoning
- cayenne pepper
- Chop each shrimp into three parts.
- Season with paprika& cayenne pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mayo, parsley, egg, melted butter& seasoning.
- Season with the old bay& paprika.
- Depending on your spice tolerance you may choose to also season with cayenne pepper.
- Fold in crab meat be careful not to beak apart all of the lumps.
- Mix well until crab meat has absorbed all of the wet ingredients.
- Add the diced shrimp and knead in as if you were kneading bread dough.
- Use cooking spray to grease a cookie sheet.
- Form 9-10 crab cakes and lightly dust them with flour (optional).
- Place on cookie sheet& bake at 350 degrees until golden brown& crispy.
- If pan frying please omit the flour.
- Serve with salad& fresh baked french bread.