Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A copycat recipe for Johnny Carino's. I will try it soon. Johnny's is one of DH and I's fav. resteraunt. (estimate time)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup peeled and de-veined shrimp
- 1 cup cooked and sliced chicken
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup diced green onion
- 1⁄8 cup sliced sun-dried tomato
- 4 ounces alfredo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- cayenne pepper, as needed
- salt & pepper, as needed
- 10 ounces cooked penne pasta
- In a medium hot sauté pan melt butter and add shrimp, chicken, mushrooms, green onions and sun dried tomatoes.
- Sauté ingredients until shrimp are half cooked and other ingredients are hot.
- Add Alfredo sauce and Romano cheese.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and when shrimp are fully cooked add S&P and cayenne to taste. Toss all ingredients with penne pasta and serve in a warm plate.
Oh my. I made this tonight and it was fantastic. I doubled the cheese because I was skeptical the proportions would make a suitable alfredo sauce. I'm glad I did.....the consistancy was perfect. The flavors were perfect. Granted.....I gained 10 pounds tonight.....would I make this every night? (I WISH!) LOL, but no...it's too unhealthy. It tastes wonderful and I would make it for a treat. If you've never tried it, please do!
Quick & easy meal that the whole family loved. Next time I'll add more cayenne pepper to give it a hotter kick! No leftovers......Darn!