Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 2 lbs unpeeled medium shrimp
- 3 cups cooked long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 cup shredded longhorn cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Peel shrimp and devein.
- Combine rice, shrimp, cheese and soup in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add green onions.
- Cook, stirring constantly until tender.
- Stir green onions, Worcestershire sauce, and next 4 ingredients into rice mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 11 x 7 x 1.
- 5 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
Ooooh so yummy definitely gonna have to make this again.
This was a hit with my family. Love the combination. Thanks for posting.
I took Aroostook's tip and used cream of celery soup and pepperjack cheese, as I had both on hand. This was a hit with both husband and 6-year-old daughter (a minor miracle). She felt it was worthy of candlelight and cloth napkins, and that's how we enjoyed it. Thank you for a winner!