1/3 Photos of Spicy Shrimp Avocado Salad
I found this recipe on the California Avocado Commission's website. It is a spicy, refreshing salad that can serve 3 as an entree. It can serve 6 as a compliment to any mexican meal. Preparation time does not include the chill time for the salsa. This salsa is a real keeper! Use it for chips, eggs, tacos, steaks, burgers... It is worth saving this recipe for the salsa alone!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 firm ripe tomatoes
- 4 tomatillos
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Prepare salsa ahead as follows:.
- 2Boil 2 fresh tomatoes, 4 tomatillos and jalapenos for about 10 minutes.
- 3Rinse and place in a blender, add garlic cloves, cilantro and about a 1/2 tsp of salt.
- 4Whirl until only a few lumps remain.
- 5Chill thoroughly.
- 6For the Salad:.
- 7Cut up shrimp in bite size pieces and place in a medium bowl.
- 8Add fresh lemon juice and let it stand for about 5 minutes.
- 9Dice avocados, 2 remaining fresh tomatoes, celery and cucmbers. Add to shrimp and chill for 15 minutes.
- 10Serve salad in tostada shells and dress with salsa over the top.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Shrimp Avocado Salad
Serving Size: 1 (590 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 758.3
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 294.6 mg
- Sodium 1211.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.5 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 44.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: