I found this recipe on the California Avocado Commission's website. It is a spicy, refreshing salad that can serve 3 as an entree. It can serve 6 as a compliment to any mexican meal. Preparation time does not include the chill time for the salsa. This salsa is a real keeper! Use it for chips, eggs, tacos, steaks, burgers... It is worth saving this recipe for the salsa alone!
- Prepare salsa ahead as follows:.
- Boil 2 fresh tomatoes, 4 tomatillos and jalapenos for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse and place in a blender, add garlic cloves, cilantro and about a 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Whirl until only a few lumps remain.
- Chill thoroughly.
- For the Salad:.
- Cut up shrimp in bite size pieces and place in a medium bowl.
- Add fresh lemon juice and let it stand for about 5 minutes.
- Dice avocados, 2 remaining fresh tomatoes, celery and cucmbers. Add to shrimp and chill for 15 minutes.
- Serve salad in tostada shells and dress with salsa over the top.