Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came across this recipe when looking for a way to use up some coconut milk and cabbage, along with some other spicy thai/asian spices. Recipe adapted from a cooking demonstration seen at Fiery Foods and BBQ Show.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (or less depending on how hot you want it)
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups asparagus, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup green cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 2 limes, juice of, only
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (I used low fat)
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste (or red)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Using a wok on high heat, pour in 1/2 of the oil (1/4 cup), half of the shrimp and half of the garlic and stir fry for 3 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of the hot sauce and then transfer to large bowl.
- Repeat with the remaining shrimp, garlic and hot sauce.
- Add vegetables (mushrooms - carrots) to empty wok over high heat (there is some oil remaining from the shrimp, if not add some additional oil to wok) and then stir fry mixture 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender; add to shrimp in bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients (coconut milk - cilantro) to wok and stir fry for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Return shrimp and vegetables to wok and stir fry for 3-5 minutes.