Recipe by SherriLaCroix
very quick, extremely tasty with a great kick if you like spicy. I got it from everyday food magazine but tweeked it a tad!!
- 4 teaspoons virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes with garlic
- 2 lbs medium shrimp (peeled and deveined, tails removed)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 lb penne pasta
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook 1 lb of penne pasta until al dente. Drain and return pasta to pot.
- Season shrimp with coarse salt and ground pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2tsp of olive oil over high heat. Add half the shrimp; cook until lightly browned on both sides and opaque throughout, 3-5 minute Transfer to plate; repeat with remaining oil and shrimp.(reduce heat if shrimp browning too quickly).
- Reduce heat to medium, add crushed garlic, red-pepper flakes, 3 cans tomatoes and Basil and Oregano. Cook stirring occasionally until tomatoes have softened and sauce has thickened. 10-15 minute
- Season with salt and pepper. Add sauce and shrimp to pasta toss and serve hot.
- Add a side salad and bread sticks and it is a great meal!