Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
I LOVE this meal. I use the frozen, peeled and cleaned shrimp. It makes this go a lot faster. I usually make this when I'm really hungry because it takes almost no time. Once the spaghetti and shimp are cooked, you're eating in five minutes.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 24 -30 shrimp
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil, to coat
- cayenne pepper
- lemon juice
- Boil the spaghetti in lots of salted water.
- When the spaghetti is almost done, toss the shrimp right into the pasta water.
- Drain shrimp and spaghetti In the same pan, combine the butter and olive oil.
- Add the garlic and lemon when the butter is melted.
- Add the cayenne pepper make it as hot as you like it.
- Toss the shrimp and spaghetti back into the butter sauce to coat.
- Serve with parmesan cheese, if desired.
This was good and is a great meal when you're looking for something fast. I love the idea of cooking the shrimp with the pasta. I think we would have liked it better if I had played around with the amount of spices and lemon a little more.