Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a really simple and good dish. Courtesy of Rachel Ray.
Make and share this Spicy Shrimp and Spaghetti Aglio Olio (Garlic and Oil) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (a couple of handfuls)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets
- 6 -8 large garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley, a couple of handfuls
- coarse salt
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked to al dente
- Combine shrimp with next 6 ingredients and toss to coat shrimp evenly.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat, then add half of the shrimp. Cook shrimp 3 minutes until pink and just firm. Remove shrimp to a warm platter and repeat process with remaining shrimp.
- Return pan to heat and reduce heat to medium low. Add 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil. Add anchovies, garlic, and pepper flakes to oil. Break up anchovies with a wooden spoon until they melt away into the oil and garlic mixture.
- Toss spaghetti in the pan with parsley and the garlic oil, then season with a little coarse salt, to your taste. Top servings of garlic and oil spaghetti with spicy shrimp and serve with Tomato and Onion Salad and Crusty Bread.
- Cook's Notes: Prepare the shrimp while the pasta is cooking.
- Prep your garlic and parsley for aglio olio and set them, as well as drained pasta and remaining ingredients all within arm's reach of your stove top.
- The aroma will be intense! Cooked anchovies have a salted-nutty (rather than fishy) taste that compliments the garlic as it sweetens and softens.