Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb penne
- coarse salt
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 -10 whole anchovy fillets
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive, coarsely chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons capers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Place a big pot of water on to boil; add in penne and salt; cook to al dente; drain.
- While the pasta cooks, heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in olive oil, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and anchovies; break up the fish with the back of a wooden spoon until the melt into the oil.
- Add in the olives, capers, and tomatoes; bring the sauce to a bubble and add in the shrimp, scattering them in a single layer.
- Cover the pan to cook the shrimp, 3-4 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and add in the parsley; toss and adjust the seasonings to taste.
- Add drained pasta to the sauce; toss to combine and serve hot.
This recipe is worth 5 stars, because I did some changes in this recipe. First I used less garlic (husband does not like alot of it) and used less crushed red pepper. I like spicy food, but I think 2 tsps, of crushed red pepper maybe too much, also omitted the anchovies (we don't like them) this recipe is a favorite of ours.