We like this when the shrimp are fresh and in season. Hits the spot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces linguine
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 2Melt butter in a medium skillet over low heat; Stir in olive oil and red pepper flakes and raise heat to medium-high.
- 3Add shrimp and saute until almost pink; add cajun seasoning and garlic powder; saute 1 minute until fragrant.
- 4Add Italian seasoning, sherry, and if desired--additional salt/pepper; heat until simmering.
- 5Dissolve cornstarch in water; add to skillet.
- 6Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- 7If necessary add small amounts of additional sherry until desired consistency is reached.
- 8Top with Parmesan cheese.
- 9Serve hot over linguine.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Shrimp and Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 553.3
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 176.7 mg
- Sodium 915.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: