Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
We like this when the shrimp are fresh and in season. Hits the spot.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over low heat; Stir in olive oil and red pepper flakes and raise heat to medium-high.
- Add shrimp and saute until almost pink; add cajun seasoning and garlic powder; saute 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add Italian seasoning, sherry, and if desired--additional salt/pepper; heat until simmering.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; add to skillet.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- If necessary add small amounts of additional sherry until desired consistency is reached.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot over linguine.
So simple yet WONDERFUL! Loved it. This is an easy thing to whip up and I agree that I would not hesitate to make it for company. Thanks!
This is a company-worthy dish. It's super easy to prepare, tastes great, and looks good, too. I made this exactly as directed, and the whole thing was done in about 20 minutes! I had doubts about using the sherry, but the flavors melded perfectly. I did add additional sherry to thin the sauce (it sets up and thickens very, very quickly). For those who don't like too-spicy dishes, just cut the amount of red pepper flakes and cajun seasoning in half - that should still give it zing without being too spicy. Can't wait to make this for company - as long as you have your ingredients measured out, it truly is a snap to put together, and looks & tastes as if you'd slaved. Great!
We were craving something good and spicy. My sister actually picked this recipe out and I am sure glad she did. Very spicy and well seasoned shrimp. Served over hot linguine and we were in heaven. Easy as well, which is never a bad thing. Thanks Nurse Di.