Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I absolutely LOVE this recipe!! When I first got married, the best investment I made was sending away for 6 teeny little coil-bound Campbell's Soup cookbooks. Nowadays, I don't use them much anymore, but this is one recipe that's still a favourite. You won't believe how tasty and quick this is!!
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 tsp. minced fresh garlic)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavor oriental noodles (like Mr. Noodles, Ichiban, etc.)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup green onion, cut in 2-inch pieces
- chopped fresh parsley
- green onion, brushes
- orange peel
- lemon slice
- In a 10-inch skillet over high heat, combine water, soy sauce, ginger, pepper, garlic, and HALF of ONE soup seasoning packet (reserve remaining 1-1/2 packets for other use). Heat to boiling.
- Add noodles, shrimp and green onion pieces. Return to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and opaque and noodles are tender. Stir occasionally to separate noodles.
- To serve, arrange mixture on platter. Sprinkle with parsley and garnish with green onion brush, orange peel and lemon slice, if desired.
Very good. Very easy. Added a third package of noodles, using 3/4 of ONE seasoning packet.<br/>Husband gave it the thumbs up.
I made this for dinner tonight. The only change I made was to add some grated carrot. I think next time (and there will be a next time) I'll either use less shrimp or another pack of noodles. We thought the spice was just right, it was a little spicy for my son, he's 4, but it was nothing he couldn't handle with a glass of milk. :)
Thanks for posting!
Made this for lunch the other day and it was such an easy and quick dish. The flavor was wonderful and the only thing I did was use the fresh garlic and cut the recipe in half being it was just DH and myself. Thank you.