Recipe by Swan Valley Tammi
I absolutely LOVE this recipe!! When I first got married, the best investment I made was sending away for 6 teeny little coil-bound Campbell's Soup cookbooks. Nowadays, I don't use them much anymore, but this is one recipe that's still a favourite. You won't believe how tasty and quick this is!!
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 tsp. minced fresh garlic)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavor oriental noodles (like Mr. Noodles, Ichiban, etc.)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup green onion, cut in 2-inch pieces
- chopped fresh parsley
- green onion, brushes
- orange peel
- lemon slice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 10-inch skillet over high heat, combine water, soy sauce, ginger, pepper, garlic, and HALF of ONE soup seasoning packet (reserve remaining 1-1/2 packets for other use). Heat to boiling.
- Add noodles, shrimp and green onion pieces. Return to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and opaque and noodles are tender. Stir occasionally to separate noodles.
- To serve, arrange mixture on platter. Sprinkle with parsley and garnish with green onion brush, orange peel and lemon slice, if desired.