Recipe by osusanna65
When fisherman friends give us shrimp, this is the 1st recipe I head for. My husbands favorite.
Top Review by mandagirl
For me this is a perfect pasta and shrimp recipe! Very low fat and very tasty! We didn't miss the fat at all. I know I will be making this regularly. I added some fresh basil from my garden to the sauce.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs fresh shrimp, uncooked,peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces linguine, uncooked
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced and cut into eighths
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Saute shrimp, celery and onion in oil in a large skillet about 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Toss with linguine.