Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great combination for the grill!
- 2 large garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons pure chile powder (like ancho)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 8 links chorizo sausage, sliced 1/2-inch thick (1/2 lb.)
- On a cutting board, using the flat side of a chef's knife, mash the garlic and salt to a coarse paste. Add the caraway seeds and finely chop them. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the chile powder and olive oil. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add the chorizo and cook over high heat for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Let cool slightly.
- Tuck a chorizo slice in the crook of a shrimp and thread onto a skewer; the shrimp should be attached at both ends. Push it to the end of the skewer and repeat with 2 more shrimp and chorizo. Using more skewers, repeat with remaining shrimp and chorizo.
- Grill kebabs over a hot fire, turing once or twice, until charred and the shrimp are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Do not over cook. Serve immediately.
Hi KathyP53, these shrimp are fabulous! The caraway seeds and ancho chiles just make the dish! This would be great with chicken and chorizo. Thanl you for sharing a wonderful dish, Diane :)