Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A fiery delectable shrimp dish sure to impress.
- 2 cups melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (recommended -Texas Pete or Frank's)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 lbs unpeeled medium shrimp (be sure to leave shrimp unpeeled until served, if you peel they will lose half the flavor.)
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- French bread, for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir together the butter, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, pepper, hot sauce, garlic, and salt.
- Pour half this mixture into a large heatproof dish.
- Layer half the shrimp and half the lemon slices in the dish; then form a second layer with the remaining shrimp and lemon slices, and pour remaining sauce into the dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink, stirring twice.
- Pour off the sauce into individual serving dishes.
- Serve the shrimp with plenty of French bread for dipping in the spicy butter sauce.
WOW! Definitely a unique recipe for shrimp. Only thing I did different was cut the hot sauce in half (just to be safe the first time). It was actually perfect so I will do that again the next time I make it. I also had a tough time with not peeling the shrimp first but was amazed at how easy it was after baking. I'll definitely make this again. Thanks!! Made for PAC '08.