1/1 Photo of Spicy Shredded Root Pickle
3 hrs 10 mins
This tangy, gingery pickle is wonderful on any sort of sandwich or wrap you care to make (try it on Banh Mi!) - but it also makes a delicious slaw on its own and is a hit tossed with a garden salad at a picnic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine carrots, radishes and salt in a colander. Let stand 2-3 hours, then rinse and squeeze dry. Set aside.
- 2Bring the remaining ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- 3Stir in the shredded carrots and radishes and bring back to a boil, stirring.
- 4Spoon into ½ pint jars, seal and process in a waterbath for 15 minutes.
- 5Allow to infuse for 1 week before enjoying.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Shredded Root Pickle
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 719.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 0.4 g