8 hrs 10 mins
This is best served in a crusty roll topped with red onion, sliced tomatoes and sour cream! The spicy salsa can be substituted with 1 7-ounce can chipotle sauce if desired. The chipotle sauce and jalapeno chilies can be found in your Mexican section of any major grocery store. Adjust all amounts to taste, I have made this in the past, it is *very* good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) boneless beef chuck roast (can use a 3-pound roast)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup spicy salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno chiles, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 cups beef broth
- black pepper
- 1Place beef roast in a 5-quart crock pot.
- 2Add in diced tomatoes with juice, spicy salsa (or chipotle sauce if using) jalapeno chilies, onion, garlic, chili powder, honey, salt and cumin.
- 3Pour in the beef broth; mix with a wooden spoon to combine and season with black pepper.
- 4Cover and cook on LOW until beef is tender when pierced with a fork (about 8-10 hours, cooking time will vary slightly depending on the size of your roast).
- 5If desired remove the lid and turn to HIGH for the last 30 minutes to allow the sauce to reduce and thicken.
- 6Season sauce with more salt if desired.
- 7Transfer the roast to a cutting board or large platter.
- 8Shred the meat using two heavy forks.
- 9Return the shredded meat to the slow cooker; cover and allow to warm.
- 10Serve in crusty buns.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Shredded Mexi Beef Roast (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.6
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 124.7 mg
- Sodium 1556.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 43.3 g