Recipe by Azdaizey
I have been trying to create a good recipe for shredded chicken for enchiladas and burritos and I finally came up with this!! It was a hit for dinner at my house so try it for yourself!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 medium onion
- taco seasoning (1 package)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- hot sauce (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice chicken into strips and add to a pot of boiling water.
- Chop the onion and with a pastry brush, lightly coat olive oil all over them.
- Once the chicken is cooked (usually floats to the top), shred the chicken by chopping it with a knife or shredding it with your hands. Boiled chicken falls apart easily if you don't mind getting your hands dirty.
- Add the chicken into a mixing bowl with them onions, add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, taco seasonings,salt, and sour cream and mix well.
- Next add the hot sauce to the chicken. I use about a teaspoon just to add a little kick to it.
- Add to your favorite dish such as enchiladas, burritos, or quesedillas and enjoy!