Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe out of Taste of Home's "Weeknight Cooking Made Easy." This was SO tasty that we devoured all of the leftovers really quickly. I am posting the original recipe, but I do it a LITTLE differently. I use Rotel instead of diced tomatoes, and I didn't put in the olives. Enjoy!
- 1 (6 5/8 ounce) package instant mashed potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained (using Rotel will make it spicier, and in my opinion, better)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the mashed potatoes according to the package.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes, corn, olives, taco seasoning, chili powder, salt, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Top with 3/4 cup cheese.
- Spread mashed potatoes over the top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.