Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had one extra fillet of tilapia and was looking for a recipe to make it for lunch. I ended up drawing inspiration from recipes I saw and creating a new one to suit my own tastes (and what was easily accessible in my kitchen). Try it and let me know what you think! Easily expanded for more fillets. I did not measure exact amounts, but I estimated them in the recipe.
- 1 tilapia fillet
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Spray or coat aluminum pan or foil with olive oil.
- Place freshly washed fillet of tilapia on top of the oil.
- Coat top side of fillet with spicy brown mustard.
- Pour soy sauce over fillet.
- Season with garlic, red pepper, ginger, salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of fillet.
- Bake at 375°F until fish is flaky and done.