Recipe by Barb in WNY
Clipped from a magazine and saved. This has an Asian flavor to the ribs.
Top Review by LaLa Lola
Excellent! I made the sauce exactly as directed (but without sesame seeds--none in the pantry that day). I used baby back ribs and they were tasty, tasty! Will definitely make again, maybe with a little bit more red pepper flakes. Served them with fried rice and mixed baby vegetables.
- 4 lbs pork spareribs, in serving pieces
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pork, meaty side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast, uncovered in a 325°F oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Mix soy sauce, wine, sesame seeds, oil, sugar, red pepper and garlic in a 1-quart saucepan; heat to boiling.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water; gradually stir into soy mixture.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Brush pork with soy sauce mixture.
- Roast, turning and brushing frequently with sauce, until pork is done, about 45 minutes.