Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Prawns are a treat anytime! The stock from the shells adds a lot to this dish. Be sure to under cook rather than over cook the prawns.
- 2 lbs prawns, deveined,shelled with tail intact
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried hot chili pepper, , crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 cup parsley or 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Put shells in water, cover, boil then simmer 5 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve and set aside.
- Saute seeds, garlic and onion over medium heat about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add chillies, coriander& parsley mixing well.
- Stir in stock and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until sauce boils.
- Lower heat, add prawns and cook 3-5 minutes until prawns are cooked.
- Stir in lemon juice and season with salt& pepper.