Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is out of an old cookbook called "Cooking with Lis, her family and friends.
Make and share this Spicy Sesame Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb linguine
- sesame oil
- 1 bunch green onion, cut 1-inch diagonally and blanched
- 1 bunch broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
- 1⁄4 cup Chinese pea pod, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1-inch diagonally and blanched
- 1 red pepper, cut julienne
Dijon Chili Mayonnaise
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest (optional)
- Cook linguine al dente in boiling, salted water.
- Drain and sprinkle lightly with sesame oil to prevent sticking. Cool.
- Add green onion, broccoli, pea pods. asparagus and red pepper.
- Too to mix.
- Mix together Dijon chili mayonnaise ingredients.
- Add mixture to linguine and mix thoroughly.
- Serve cold.
I used frozen stir fry veggies and the them in the boiling noodle water for the last 3 minutes. Could have been a little spicier.
This is a great recipe and I was able to put it together very quickly by cutting up all the veggies while I was waiting for the water to come to a boil and the pasta to cook. It says that the sauce is a Dijon Chili Mayo but I can't imagine adding Dijon to this (it wasn't listed in the ingredients) - it sure doesn't need it! I actually used 1/3 the suggested amount of mayo (low fat) and it was perfect for us. Give this colourful salad a try - it's delicious! Made for PRMR. Thanks TeresaS! :)