Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is out of an old cookbook called "Cooking with Lis, her family and friends.
- 1 lb linguine
- sesame oil
- 1 bunch green onion, cut 1-inch diagonally and blanched
- 1 bunch broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
- 1⁄4 cup Chinese pea pod, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1-inch diagonally and blanched
- 1 red pepper, cut julienne
Dijon Chili Mayonnaise
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest (optional)
- Cook linguine al dente in boiling, salted water.
- Drain and sprinkle lightly with sesame oil to prevent sticking. Cool.
- Add green onion, broccoli, pea pods. asparagus and red pepper.
- Too to mix.
- Mix together Dijon chili mayonnaise ingredients.
- Add mixture to linguine and mix thoroughly.
- Serve cold.
I used frozen stir fry veggies and the them in the boiling noodle water for the last 3 minutes. Could have been a little spicier.
This is a great recipe and I was able to put it together very quickly by cutting up all the veggies while I was waiting for the water to come to a boil and the pasta to cook. It says that the sauce is a Dijon Chili Mayo but I can't imagine adding Dijon to this (it wasn't listed in the ingredients) - it sure doesn't need it! I actually used 1/3 the suggested amount of mayo (low fat) and it was perfect for us. Give this colourful salad a try - it's delicious! Made for PRMR. Thanks TeresaS! :)