This is a sweet, hot and crunchy dish that can be served as a side or as the main course. Add the chopped veggies right before serving to insure a nice fresh affect. You can use any long noodles that suit you: spaghetti, fettucini, thin spaghetti, angel hair, etc. It is hearty, sweet and satisfying. Be SURE to use all natural peanut butter and not a store bought brand. This dish is served room temperature or cold. Great for summer.
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons tamari or 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup fresh ground peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pinch cayenne (or more to taste, A MUST)
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped scallion
- Blend or toss all the ingredients listed above the pasta.
- Cook noodles to al dente and once cooled, toss with sauce.
- Right before serving, toss in chopped veggies.