Recipe by KLHquilts
From "Everyday Foods" No. 16 (Oct. 2004).
Top Review by Manami
Hello KLHquilts, these eggplant tidbits were wonderful! I made them for the nurses & the staff, who had to stay overtime and I figured that the time was perfect and they were delish! :) Thank you so much for posting, Manami ;)
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) eggplants
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Asian chili sauce (look for chili-garlic sauce)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broiler.
- Slice eggplant into 3/4" rounds; cut each round into 3/4" wide strips.
- Transfer to a broilerproof baking sheet; toss with two teaspoons of coarse salt and 1/4 teaspoons ground pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients (oils, chili sauce, sesame seeds and lime juice); drizzle over eggplant strips and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer.
- Broiler, tossing once, until eggplant is browned and tender (about 15 minutes).