Recipe by angeldawn89
This is something I made up one day when I had a craving for Chinese food.
Top Review by alligirl
Please, please...use low sodium soy sauce in this dish. After reducing, it was almost too salty to eat, and I'm a salt fiend. I think I would've enjoyed the flavor, if I hadn't been overwhelmed by the saltiness. It did come together pretty quickly, with ingredients I keep on hand, so a quick go-to dinner is only a few minutes away. Thanks for sharing, angeldawn89.
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon sriracha chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Cook chicken in the oil until just done then add the soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch to the water and stir until dissolved then add to chicken. Cook for 2 minutes then add all the rest of the ingredients and cook until desired thickness, approx time 5-10 minutes.
- Salt and pepper is optional.
- Serve with rice.