Recipe by PaulaG
I haven't actually tried this recipe. It comes from The Well-Filled Tortilla Cookbook which was a Christmas gift. I have tried several of the dishes from the book and all have been good. Now that summer is here, I can do these on the grill.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 12 corn tortillas
- avocado, chopped
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Between 2 sheets of wax paper, flatten chicken breasts 1 at a time to 1/8 inch thickness using heavy saucer or other pounding device.
- (I use my wooden rolling pin for this.) Continue until all chicken breasts have been flattened, refrigerate until ready to cook.
- When ready to cook, sprinkle both sides of the chicken with sesame seeds, cayenne and salt.
- Set aside while preparing grill.
- If using a charcoal grill, allow coals to burn until they are mostly covered with white ash and a few red spots show through here and there.
- This should take about 40 minutes.
- When fire is ready, place chicken on grill and cook until no longer pink but still mosit in center, about 1-1/2 minutes on each side.
- Cut chicken into then strips.
- Serve with warmed corn tortillas, chopped avacado, shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream.