Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't actually tried this recipe. It comes from The Well-Filled Tortilla Cookbook which was a Christmas gift. I have tried several of the dishes from the book and all have been good. Now that summer is here, I can do these on the grill.
- Between 2 sheets of wax paper, flatten chicken breasts 1 at a time to 1/8 inch thickness using heavy saucer or other pounding device.
- (I use my wooden rolling pin for this.) Continue until all chicken breasts have been flattened, refrigerate until ready to cook.
- When ready to cook, sprinkle both sides of the chicken with sesame seeds, cayenne and salt.
- Set aside while preparing grill.
- If using a charcoal grill, allow coals to burn until they are mostly covered with white ash and a few red spots show through here and there.
- This should take about 40 minutes.
- When fire is ready, place chicken on grill and cook until no longer pink but still mosit in center, about 1-1/2 minutes on each side.
- Cut chicken into then strips.
- Serve with warmed corn tortillas, chopped avacado, shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream.
The sesame seeds were an unexpected pleasure. I made them on my grill pan and will certainly make these again.
Really good.Cooked the chicken on the stove.Quick dinner.Thanks Paula
I really, really liked these and if you don't bbq them, they are so quick to make that they are just perfect for a weeknight dinner. I used my George Foreman grill to do the chicken as we didn't have the weather for a bbq. I only used the suggested fillings and loved all the fresh and 'clean' flavours, they went really well together and there weren't too many different flavours going on at the same time. Definitely a keeper! :D